Thursday, September 27, 2007

#7 Much Ado About Technology

Have to say all the things we did this week were lots of fun and I could see someone getting caught up, spending a lot of time doing stuff. It wasn't that complicated once you set some time aside to play. Although I think it's interesting and I can see the applications of these tools I can never see myself as a person on myspace or facebook or any other social networking tool for pleasure. I don't have enough time for the people a really like, let alone hundreds of "friends" in cyberspace. No, I'd rather be outside. Not that I begrudge anyone who is well into it, but it's just not for me. Kids get it because they've grown up with it, it's part of their lives. I would have to make a concerted effort to incorporate it into my life and it's not gonna happen.
As for shopping on the net on sites like shopbop and revolveclothing well that's another thing. Don't get me started.......That Marc Jacobs top and those Hudson jeans were just too much of a bargain to pass up. Now where are those Frye boots and those Chanel sunglasses?

No comments: